Saturday, January 21, 2017

A Shark Doesn't Always Look Like a Shark

Finlandia

I worried and worried about someone, and then...
Three words were enough.
I had a decision to make.
Should I look at those three words and take them as a heartfelt remark or should I choose not to be completely moronic and read them for their true meaning? A veiled insult buried under a layer of pseudo-venting self-pity aimed at asserting a pathetic sense of ownership, a desperate attempt to announce to the world how fleeting and unimportant something was when, in fact, it is life-changing.
The cursor blinked on my screen while I read those three words over and over again.
I was then faced with another decision. Should I leave a comment, perhaps buried under a layer of pseudo-jocular animosity or should I just close the website and ignore it?
I made my decision.
I will not worry again, but I shall not forget.
I have three words of my own.
Enough is enough.
Oh, and here are another three words.
Forget about it.
Yep. And to wrap it all up, three more.
Moving on indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment